Craig A Larson
: 16974 Argon St NW
, : Andover, Minnesota 55304
Resume (If Uploaded) - This link will not work if no resume was uploaded.
CRAIG A LARSON
16974 Argon St NW
Andover, MN 55304
Program Management | Product Management | Business Development | Sales Account Management
Seasoned Program Management Team Lead with extensive experience leading major defense and government programs. Track record exceeding profit and sales objectives and achieving first-pass product acceptance. Delivers customer needs assessment through the Integrated Product Team concept. Recognized by the U.S. Munitions Industrial community for 25+ years of dedicated knowledge in the development and production of products to support U.S. armed forces. Highly developed communication and team leadership skills.
* Financial Management, Contract Management
* Research & Development, Risk Management
* Production Planning, Multi-National Teams
* Successfully delivered all products on schedule while meeting/exceeding financial performance requirements.
* Developed new opportunities based on utilization of existing long term relationships to expand the business portfolio
* Generate sole source business opportunities by establishing trusting relationships with new customers
* Led both domestic and international multi-functional teams with engagement and communication even in high-stress environments
President and CEO - 2012 to Present
OPS2XL LLC, Minneapolis, MN
Program Management and Business Development Consulting.
* Providing strategic guidance to clients in the pursuit of new opportunities.
Sales Manager - 2013 to 2014
Mid-Continent Engineering, Minneapolis, MN
Sales Account Management to Tier One and Tier Two suppliers to the Department of Defense.
* Demonstrated business capture success with new and existing customers.
* Responsible for winning a major new business opportunity.
* Revised company capabilities presentation to more successfully target new opportunities.
* Successfully won follow-on business at an increased margin rate.
Program Manager - 2008 to 2011
BAE Systems , Minneapolis, MN
Oversaw all aspects of Program Management of a major program to support the U.S. Government. Functioned as Team Leader providing work direction to a multi-disiplined team of experts.
* Exceeded profit objectives by 100% through successful execution of program requirements with a yearly value over $25M.
* Delivered product 2 months ahead of schedule through savvy schedule management.
* Enabled requirement to ship product from international sources using U.S. Flag vessels by establishing a non-flexible master schedule and beginning planning with 24 month lead time.
* Obtained First-Pass success with final product acceptance.
Production Manager - 2005 to 2008
BAE Systems, Minneapolis, MN
Tasked with establishing production and delivery of a new product line. Led team for product production in Europe by a multi-national team. Managed $3M in internal research and development funding. Directed U.S. team establishing the technical data package required to build product per U.S. standards.
* Attained on-time delivery performance with first-pass product acceptance of a new product line to support U.S. Government requirements.
* Accomplished new material qualification program for 80% less then proposed by a U.S. Government Agency.
* Led Full-Scale Production Planning for a new program pursuit valued in excess of $250M.
Program Manager - 2002 to 2005
United Defense LP, Minneapolis, MN
Led team for organizing and directing a new production program. Established source selection criteria for future U.S. production base. Managed $2M in Internal Research and Development funding.
* Established a major new program with a potential total value in excess of $500M which was not in the tradition product portfolio.
* Applied proven Risk Management/Management techniques to reduce potential financial risk associated with new product venture.
* Contributed to financial objectives of the company and expansion of total company business by establishing customer working group.
Program Strategist/Analyst - 1999 to 2001
Untied Defense LP, Minneapolis, MN
Expanded Engineering business base by developing strategies based in 14 years of experience in product production and development. Leveraged relationships within the customer community to pursue ventures worth $50K - $200M.
* Developed plan to expand facilities to address strategic requirements and meet customer expectations.
* Supported technology transition of a foreign product to meet U.S. requirements.
* Developed and implemented strategies to more fully workload existing facilities in Minneapolis, MN.
Principal Marketing Representative - 1989 to 1998
Alliant Techsystems Inc..., Minneapolis, MN
Business Development/Marketing responsibilities for both established and new business ventures valued in excess of $150M annually.
Senior Contracts Representative - 1985 to 1988
Honeywell Inc., Minneapolis, MN
Led Negotiations, Risk Management and Contractual Compliance on major development and production programs valued in excess of $150M.
B.S., Business - 1980
St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud MN
A.A., Business - 1978
North Hennepin Community College, Brooklyn Park, MN
National Defense Industrial Association Munitions Executive Committee 2008 to 2011
Association of the United States Army (AUSA), Minneapolis, MN 2013. Member of the Gen. Vessey Chapter