Contact: Apply Online Only
Location: Golden Valley, Minnesota
Attached Job Description - This link will not work if no job description was uploaded.
For Full Job Description go to: http://www.careersathoneywell.com/en/jobsearch/jobdescription.aspx?languageid=1&jobid=00236080
- Develop and implement media relations plans that meet business plan objectives and priorities.
- Participate in a business-wide media council to develop a coordinated, consistent approach for our external communications.
- Coordinate and facilitate agency/vendor relationships.
- Implement a measurement system to track coverage for key technologies, services, and strengths.
- Directly support ACS strategic business units providing both external communications strategy and execution.
- Draft news releases, statements, and other materials that support the media process.
- Proactively seek out stories and facilitate pitches and interviews with targeted press representatives.
- Monitor and analyze the impact of competitor and industry news on Honeywell’s business and inform Corporate and the business.
- Lead special projects impacting the company’s public image.
- Write and submit articles on a regular basis to internal communications staff for use in various company newsletters, web etc.
- Serve as Honeywell ACS spokesperson.
- Establish and sustain relationships with key media representatives and influencers worldwide.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations or Communications or similar degree.
- Ten or more years of communications experience including experience in a global corporate or agency environment.
- Three or more years use of social media personally or on behalf of a brand.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and comprehension of basics of AP style.
- Three or more years of experience utilizing social networking platforms, establishing policies and enabling employee engagement
- Demonstrated ability to identify news within an organization and experience in packaging in a compelling way for journalists and their readers
- Experience and ability to work multiple projects simultaneously in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Sound judgment and business maturity to protect the company’s reputation during crisis situations and respond to the press.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders across a large organization.
- Experience interacting and advising business leaders and colleagues.
- Strong ability to form media relationships with national, international general, business, financial and trade publications and experience implementing successful media relations communications programs.
- Ability to work across borders and develop relationships while also connecting with the appropriate experts across the business.
- Outstanding communications skills including writing concise news releases and other materials required.
- Ability to lead your colleagues to drive the right outcomes and behaviors to accelerate results quickly and creatively.
Start Date: 12/20/2013
Closing Date: 01/31/2014